Kerikeri – Year One PCT Programme – Y0–8
This programme is open to all teachers who seek to inquire into practice that improves outcomes for all students.
A mentor facilitator will guide participants through a process of inquiry to support practice in schools. The sessions will be responsive to the needs of teachers and may be differentiated within the group. Some sessions will draw on the expertise of others to provide focussed professional learning sessions.
The 6 sessions programme will include
- collaborative problem solving and celebration of teaching experiences.
- a new phase of inquiry. Different models of the teaching inquiry cycle will be acknowledged with mentors ensuring that the underlying principles of inquiry are understood.
- follow-up inquiry informed from previous sessions.
- reflection time where participants reflect on personal practice and create content for appraisals and portfolios of evidence.
- knowledge building of curriculum and effective teaching pedagogies.
- culturally responsive practices.
Contact: Kohia Centre
(09) 623 8977