NCEA for Newbies
Navigating the maze of what we know as NCEA can be overwhelming. This 1-day course offers teachers with little or no experience with NCEA the opportunity to engage with others as they learn about New Zealand’s national qualification system.
• Learn how the NCEA framework and qualifications work
• Explore the NZQA website
• Develop a quality pathway for students from the subject matrix
• Look at internal assessment practices; unpacking standards, administering assessments, awarding grades and moderation.
• Discuss the “myths” surrounding NCEA
At the completion of the courses participants will be able to:
• Explain how NCEA works
• Differentiate between internal, external and unit standards.
• Implement best practice in terms of assessment
Contact: Kohia Centre
(09) 623 8977