Year One and Two Provisionally Certificated Teachers Programmes - Y0-8
"To be issued with a full practising certificate, a teacher must have undertaken a period of induction and mentoring and have met the Practising Teacher Criteria. “ (Education Council NZ).
Mentor facilitators will guide the PCT participants through a process of inquiry to support practice in schools. Teachers will be encouraged to be adaptive, innovative, practitioners who share evidence of their inquiries during these sessions. The sessions will be responsive to the needs of teachers and may be differentiated within the group with supporting expertise if needed.
Each session will include
- collaborative problem solving and celebration of teaching experiences.
- a new phase of inquiry. Different models of the teaching inquiry cycle will be acknowledged with mentors ensuring that the underlying principles of inquiry are understood.
- follow-up inquiry informed from previous sessions.
- time where participants reflect on personal practice and create content for portfolios of evidence.
- knowledge building of curriculum and effective teaching pedagogies.
Contact: Kohia Centre
(09) 623 8977