Training For Primary and Secondary School Appraisers
Who is it for:
Primary and Secondary middle and senior leaders responsible for appraisal
This two day workshop will support appraisers to develop their skills in carrying out appraisals. Participants will examine:
- The conceptual frame for appraisal
- Components of appraisal: goal setting, inquiry into practice, learning conversations and appraisal report
- Their understanding of what constitutes evidence of practice?
- The alignment of the Registered Teachers Criteria, Professional Standards and Middle Leader dimensions
- The place of inquiry in appraisals
- Fronting underperformance
As a result of attending this workshop, participants will be confident to support teachers to examine their practice, set challenging goals, understand what constitutes evidence and be able to make overall evaluative judgements based on teacher practice and the RTCs/Professional Standards.
Participants will also have opportunities to practice having conversations that front underperformance.
$650 + GST
3+ registrations from the same school: $590 + GST
5–6 April – Auckland
1–2 May – Wellington
Contact: Tanya Prentice
(09) 920 2173