2018 TeachNZ Scholarships
Those who want to enter into the teaching workforce and don’t have a teaching qualification are invited to apply for the 2018 TeachNZ Scholarships. All Scholarships cover core study fees of an approved ITE teaching qualification and provide an allowance over the period of study.
The TeachNZ Scholarships available are:
- Māori Medium (Primary) – for people who are proficient in te reo Māori (at the time they apply) and want to be a teacher in or of te reo Māori in bilingual or total immersion settings at the primary level.
- Te Reo Māori (Secondary and Wharekura) - for people who have proficiency or fluency in te reo Māori and want to teach te reo Māori as a subject in a secondary school (Tipu Whakarito Te Reo Māori) or for a person who wants to teach a secondary subject in te reo Māori in Wharekura (Te Waka Whakarei).
- Kupe – Māori and Pasifika High Achievers - for people of Māori and/or Pasifika descent who want to teach in early childhood education (ECE), primary or secondary schools. It is for undergraduate students who have already successfully completed at least one full year of their approved teaching qualification and received a B+ grade average, or for graduate students who are enrolled or enrolling in a one year Graduate Diploma/Masters of Teaching in 2018.
- ECE Graduate and Undergraduate Māori and Pasifika communities - for people who have knowledge, understanding and experience working with either Māori or Pasifika communities and want to teach in the early childhood sector.
- ECE te reo Māori and Pasifika languages scholarships - for those who are fluent in te reo Māori or a Pasifika language and want to teach in the early childhood sector.
For more information about the scholarships and application deadlines, visit our TeachNZ website or contact us.
Mini #LitterLessCampaign - Reduce Environmental Pollution