Down Syndrome - Success in School
The Auckland Down Syndrome Association (ADSA) presents its “Down Syndrome – Success in School” course twice a year. This is a 2-day course for SENCO’s, teachers, teacher aides, specialist staff, occupational therapists and parent educators and involves a variety of presenters including Dr Jude MacArthur. Both days start at 8:30am and finish at approximately 3:30pm.
Our next course will be held on 5–6 March 2018 at Waipuna Hotel and Conference Centre in Auckland. The cost is $350 (GST inclusive) per person. Morning tea and lunch are provided.
The course aims to provide basic information and skills to attendees specific to educating students with Down syndrome.
- The learning profile of students with Down syndrome
- Use of visual supports and strategies to support learning in the inclusive setting
- Literacy and how to adapt the curriculum
- Numeracy and how to adapt the curriculum
- Narrative assessment
- Behaviour and friendships
For a detailed schedule and list of presenters please go to https://adsa.org.nz/about-us/courses/