The Early Years; Bridging the Gap Between ECE and School, Auckland
A fabulous Saturday workshop aimed at bridging the gap between early childhood education and school. We will have a range of speakers including Nathan Wallis to talk specifically to the 4-5 year age group and how education should be a fluid movement. Whereby Early Childhood Education does not suddenly end and primary school begins. The best new entrant settings should have a foot in each arena.
Key aspects covered throughout the day include (*but not limited too):-
- The importance of the Foundation Skills/Developmental Activities/Purposeful Play/ Exploration and how we weave these in to a primary school curriculum in the first year of school with Jo Williams, education Trainer & Mentor
- Exploring Early Literacy/Emergent Literacy with education Trainer & Mentor Jo Williams
- Te Whāriki Revised with Paula Ormsby
- Schema Learning theory with Paula Ormsby
- Neuroscience - research focused and practical findings that have implications on the learning for 0–3 years and 3–7 years
This workshop will have capped capacity – therefore booking early to save disappointment is recommended. It is also recommended to bring along your team so that you all gain the range of practical strategies within this deep thinking workshop day.
New Zealand (nationwide)
Contact: Suzie Rosewarne
(09) 835 0912