Advanced Workshop For Tacpac – A Tactile Approach to Communication
This course is for people who will have attended the Tacpac Essentials Training Course on 12 March 2018.
Attending the Advanced training day will improve and boost your delivery skills. Together we consider the effectiveness of the sensory experience of Tacpac by focussing on the sensory stimuli, processes and responses within the brain.
- Using videos to improve our practice
- Understand how music affects us
- The development of the brain and the role of sensory experience
- To develop your understanding of your own sensory responses
- To develop your powers of observation to enable more effective communication
- Understand the components of music at a deeper level, enabling you to guide your touch more intuitively
- Understand the development of the brain and the role of sensory experience
- Be familiar with the use of Tacpac objects
This workshop is being facilitated by Hilary Wainer. Hilary is from the UK. She founded Tacpac™ Ltd. and co-created the material. She has many years’ experience as a teacher and music therapist, working alongside children with a wide range of learning difficulties, in different settings. She has a special interest in those who have profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD), and multi-sensory impairment (MSI). Hilary is also an accredited music therapy supervisor with the British Association of Music Therapists (BAMT), and has worked as a facilitator in schools and mental health settings. She created the ground breaking “Beat That!” events, popularising the use of the resonance board. She is an experienced trainer with a passion for everyone to reach their full potential.