Supporting Community of Learning leaders, with Tabitha Leonard
Supporting Community of Learning leaders to use a design thinking process to approach achievement challenges around student agency with Tabitha Leonard
This course (2 sessions) uses a design thinking process to explore teacher and student perceptions of student agency
Session 1: Teacher perceptions of student agency
● Explore personal schema about what enhances student agency in the classroom
● Use empathy maps to find out what teachers are thinking, feeling, hearing and saying about student agency
● Use their perceptions to ideate what student agency looks, sounds and feels like.
Session 2 - Student perceptions of Student Agency
● Revisit personal schema.
● Use empathy maps to understand student perceptions..
● Ideate what student agency looks, sounds and feels like from the perspective of a student .
Use SOLO Taxonomy as a thinking tool to review and develop the prototype rubric from Session 1.
Contact: Kohia Centre
(09) 623 8977