Struggling Writers: Enabling Approaches, with Jannie van Hees
This workshop will focus on supporting teachers to understand:
- why learners find writing difficult and how to teach in ways that will enable them to progress.
- how to support learners across a spectrum of needs.
This course will support teachers to analyse learners’ samples of writing and identify key next steps in teaching that will enable their progression. A number of core approaches to enable struggling writers will be discussed. Jannie will also respond to specific concerns and queries from participants regarding particular learners
At the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- analyse their learners’ samples of writing with a linguistically-informed lens
- develop effective programmes and motivate students who are finding writing challenging
- understand the potential and capability of writers, and how to teach students to enable them to improve their knowledge and skills
Dr Jannie van Hees is a recognised language expert. She has extensive experience working with learners who struggle as writers.
Contact: Kohia Centre
(09) 623 8977
Exploring Professional Growth Cycles: A Workshop for Leaders
Leading by Learning Introductory Workshop