Embedding Good Practice into EOTC
This 1-day PLD focuses on EOTC systems review with strong connections to the NZ Curriculum. Participants will use a newly developed EOTC Safety Management Plan (SMP) template that supports the Ministry of Education EOTC Guidelines (2016).
The workshop is relevant to primary and secondary schools, with maximum value gained if 2 people from any one school attend.
The target participant is:
- An experienced EOTC coordinator or
- SLT (with EOTC oversight) or
- Person regularly in Charge of EOTC events or
- HOD OE
Ideally, the participant has attended 2-day* EOTC PLD and/or has
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Education EOTC Guidelines (2016), Bringing the Curriculum Alive
- An established and working school system
- Understanding of key changes to health and safety under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSWA)
- Determine the strengths and any gaps in their current school EOTC safety management system to align with good practice
- Gain new knowledge regarding the shift in Risk Management thinking
- Explore the importance of staff competence for EOTC
- Consider the use of outside providers
- Understand the importance of good communication and decision-making, including during critical incidents
- Determine actions required to ensure their school system meets good practice
To register go to the link provided.
Contact: Catherine Kappelle
(03) 423 3141