Japan Sports Forum
Asia New Zealand Foundation is offering teachers of physical education and sport the chance to take part in a professional development opportunity in Japan.
Japan is host of four major upcoming sporting events: Rugby World Cup (RWC) 2019, Paralympics and Summer Olympics 2020 and the World Masters Games 2021.
Japan Sports Forum is designed to deepen teachers’ awareness of culture, traditions and society in Japan so they are equipped to teach about the region in relation to upcoming sporting events.
About the forum
Dates: The week-long forum will be held from 19-26 May 2018
- gain first-hand experience of sports and recreation in Japan, as well as the history, culture and customs
- explore the role of sport in Japan by focusing on both traditional and modern aspects of sport
- learn about New Zealand – Japan sporting relationships
- deepen your understanding of Japan and Asia
To apply, you must:
- be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- be a registered teacher working at a New Zealand school
- have the full support of your principal
- not have been to Japan for more than two weeks (total) previously
- be teaching physical education at secondary level. Primary teachers must hold a leadership role in sports in their school.
Applications close 3 November.
For more information contact Yasheeka Bertram