Back to Basics – Notice, Recognise, Respond
Assessment and planning are at the heart of effective teaching practice. This workshop is the opportunity to deepen and refine your ability to identify key learning interests of children and then to respond in ways that effectively support their thinking. We will share strategies to help you discern the real learning interests of children including their dispositions, working theories and schema and how to document these in ways that show children’s progress.
In this workshop participants will:
- explore strategies to identify key learning
- clarify the teacher’s role in supporting children’s learning
- identify strategies to add complexity to learning experiences
- identify key principles of effective documentation
- develop strategies to address the key concepts of Kei Tua o te Pae (continuity, community and competence)