Starting off in a New Entrant Setting, with Jo Williams, Auckland
This course will provide practical ideas, tips and visual inspiration for both teachers new to this specialised teaching area and for those wanting to refresh their current programme.
We will explore:
- Setting up an effective new entrant classroom environment; what does it look like, feel like? How is it organized?
- the importance of continuing to develop the foundation skills whilst delivering the primary school Curriculum
- linking ECE and the first year of school
- What to expect in the first few weeks
- Ways of running effective literacy and numeracy programmes whilst integrating other curriculum areas in contexts that are relevant to new entrant children
- Resources and websites that teachers may find useful.
Contact: Kohia Centre
(09) 623 8977