Writing in the Primary Classes for 6-12 Kaiako
Two day workshop presented by Tania Gaffney, Robin Barraclough Wilkins and Dimitra Pantazis.
Tania, Robin and Dimitra are Montessori teachers who are passionate about writing.
During this workshop they will share with you some of the knowledge that they have learnt during their Montessori training and in their 47 combined years in Montessori primary classrooms.
Some of the topics they will cover are:
- Looking at Effective Literacy Practice through the Montessori lens and reviewing the writing section of the primary Posted Curriculum, that was developed by primary teachers from across NZ a few years ago.
- Oral language and how this is extremely important as a means of storytelling.
- Ways of helping struggling writers.
- How to write a report without copying from the book.
- Writing lessons that use published authors as models.
- The surface features of writing.
- Figuring out the next step.
This promises to be an enlightening workshop with lots of helpful ideas to take back to your classroom.
Dates: 28 and 29 October.
Time: 9-4 pm Saturday and Sunday
Location: Montessori@Berhampore Primary School, 105 Britomart St, Berhampore, Wellington.
Price: Full registration: $540, MANZ member schools staff and parents: $280, MANZ Individual members: $400
Contact: Cathy Wilson
(027) 448 5525