Supporting Community of Learning leaders , by Tabitha Leonard, Auckland
Supporting community of learning leaders to use a design thinking process to approach achievement challenges around student agency (2 sessions).
This course (2 sessions) uses a design thinking process to explore teacher and student perceptions of student agency.
Session 1: Teacher perceptions of student agency
● Explore personal schema about what enhances student agency in the classroom
● Use empathy maps to find out what teachers are thinking, feeling, hearing and saying about student agency
● Use their perceptions to ideate what student agency looks, sounds and fees like.
Session 2 – Student perceptions of student agency
● Revisit personal schema
● Use empathy maps to understand student perceptions
● Ideate what student agency looks, sounds and feels like from the perspective of a student.
Use SOLO Taxonomy as a thinking tool to review and develop the prototype rubric from Session 1.
Contact: Kohia Centre
(09) 623 8977