Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders, presented by Dr Tony Attwood
This course is ideal for teachers, teacher aides, support staff, educators, carers, parents and any other professionals working with people on the autism spectrum. Content covers all ages and stages and participants love hearing what Tony has to say and come away armed with practical tools to make a difference.
Dr Tony Attwood is a clinical psychologist who has worked with over 3,000 individuals of all ages with an ASD. His presentations are highly entertaining, informative and empowering.
- Cognitive abilities: A different way of thinking and learning
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Managing feelings: cognitive behaviour therapy and its role in providing greater strategies to manage emotions and behaviour
- The emotional tool box – what it is and how to use it
- Strategies to improve social understanding and friendship skills
- Special interests: origins and constructive strategies
- Sensory sensitivity
Time: 9.30am–3pm. Registration from 9am.
Cost: $210 for payment prior to 31 July, $230 for payment after this date.
Register online: www.creatingsuccess.co.nz/Dr_Tony_Attwood.php