Developing The MindFull School: Savoring Happiness, Managing Stress, with Graham Watts
Graham Watts returns to NZ for one day only to support educators with implementing mindfulness and well-being into their pedagogy.
Growing up today, children and young people encounter increased levels of stress, anxieties, pressures via social media, rising expectations and uncertainties. More children than ever within the developed world are being medicated for stress and depression, incidences of self-harming are increasing, more children are being referred to mental health services and suicide rates amongst older-teens are getting worse, not better.
This interactive one day workshop aims to address these problems through instruction in mindfulness practices and techniques based on positive psychology that help to quiet the mind, to improve focus and to enjoy being in the moment here and now. Using research based strategies, participants will learn how students can better manage their emotions, how to overcome emotional flooding, to calm their minds in order to relax and sleep, how to choose attitudes and create a positive, optimistic school.
You will come away from the workshop with:
- Teaching strategies for students to be empowered to self-regulate emotions;
- Teaching strategies to manage stress, anxiety, anger and upset;
- Mindfulness strategies for use at school and at home;
- Teaching strategies to develop positive attitudes such as optimism, empathy and happiness;
- Strategies to develop a compassionate classroom and school.
New Zealand (nationwide)
Contact: Suzie Rosewarne
(09) 835 0912