Supporting Community of Learning Leaders to Tackle Achievement Challenges
This course (2 sessions) uses a design thinking process to explore teacher and student perceptions of student agency
Session 1: Teacher perceptions of student agency
● Explore personal schema about what enhances student agency in the classroom
● Use empathy maps to find out what teachers are thinking, feeling, hearing and saying about student agency
● Use their perceptions to ideate what student agency looks, sounds and fees like.
Session 2: Student perceptions of Student Agency
● Revisit personal schema.
● Use empathy maps to understand student perceptions.
● Ideate what student agency looks, sounds and feels like from the perspective of a student .
Use SOLO Taxonomy as a thinking tool to review and develop the prototype rubric from Session 1.